Sunday 5 January 2014

Its looking like another year, just happier

For Christmas I ate so much cakes, sweets, and just food that not only did I get baking related gifts, I'm sure I put on an extra couple of pounds! Which is totally worth it. Food is always worth it!
But this year the baking gifts have been so epic cool!

  • Cupcake Calender (Thanks mama!)
  • The New Primrose Bakery Celebrations Book (Thanks again mum)
  • A set of measuring shot glasses (Yet again thanks mum)
  • A diary that has my name on it!!! (NOTHING EVER HAS MY NAME ON IT!!! So I was very thrilled with this. Thanks mum!)
  • Conversion Apron (Very helpful Naomi and thank-you)
  • Undead cookie cutter (This is totally cool! Thanks Ben)
  • Green tea ice cream powder (Naomi this is so cool!)
  • Green tea x 2 (Will be drinking this quickly, thanks Naomi)
  • Caramel covered dates (Again thanks Naomi)
  • Camel Milk chocolate (ermm... thanks Naomi...  Not sure what to make of this one. I bet it tastes great.) 


Also, this is wicked cool, a necklace with my name on it. Its so hard to find something with my name on it. Thank-you Lucy this is so lovely!

Not featured in the photos is
Great British Bake Off Calender (thanks Sofia!)
A pretty butterfly cake stand (Thankies Naomi!!) 
Gingerbread man soap (Yummy smelling thanks Lucy!)


After the celebrations of Christmas and the partying of New Year has worn off the dreaded January Blues begins to set in. Its been 5 days into 2014 and its starting to look like another year. It's that sort of thinking along with going back to work or studying and the cold weather that really get the January Blues really gets going. I've found out that on January 10th, most new year resolutions get broken. (This post is going somewhere, it won't be doom and gloom. Just keep reading.) This is why I don't make new year resolutions I always forget them in the end. But this year I've decided to keep to 2 resolutions:
  • Cut down on the swearing. I know it sounds strange that this lovely looking, not awkward at all lady, swears at all. But after working in kitchens and the frustrations of uni, yes I do admit I have a swearing problem! So for the sake of my families and friends ears, I'm cutting down the swearing. 
  • I'm trying the 100 happy days challenge, trying to be happy for 100 days... that's pretty much it! And why not? January is a bit of a bummer month but doing even the smallest things can bring us an amazing amount of joy. 
So that's how I'm fighting the January blues with a little bit of happiness everyday. I encourage all of you to do the same because we can make this year like every other... just a lot more happier. What's my first happy moment? Well it's writing this post! 
(Update 07/01/14 I may not be able to update the blog everyday, however all the pictures will be published on the facebook page)


Bake On! Penny x

No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...